When the weather turns cold, there are many things you can use to warm up. An electric blanket is a great way to stay cozy when the temperatures drop.
They work well for those who don’t want to raise the temperature on the thermostat in your home. An electric blanket can be especially useful if you live with people who prefer a cooler space and you’re always the cold person in the house.
Electric blankets can help you save money on your electric bill so you don’t have to raise the temperature or use other heat sources. They come in many different styles and colors.
When you’re choosing an electric blanket you should be aware of the size of the blanket. Some are designed to be used on your bed and will come in different bed sizes. Others may be throw-sized so you can use them when you’re lounging on your sofa or recliner.
These blankets are easy to use and most come with a fairly long cord so you can use your blanket where you need it most. It’s essential to find an electric blanket that allows you to remove the electrical parts so you can wash the blanket as needed.
The following is a list of the 10 best electric blankets based on reviews by consumer report.
10. Sunbeam Channeled Velvet Plush Electric Heated Blanket
The Sunbeam Channeled Velvet Plush Electric Heated Blanket is king size and comes in a beautiful coco color. This blanket has an exclusive wiring system for safety and durability. The system is able to sense the heat and make adjustments based on your chosen settings.
This electric blanket features a variety of heat settings so you can easily adjust for your comfort level. It has an auto-off feature that automatically turns the heat off after it’s been on for 10 hours. The blanket has 2 controls so you can adjust the two sides to different heat levels.
- comes with a 5 year warranty
- auto-off feature provides you with a sense of safety
- blanket is machine washable and dry-able
- ideal for couples who want different heat settings using the 2 remotes
- advanced wiring system is designed to keep you comfortable with even heat
- included controls are easy to use
- you can feel the wires in the blanket
- blanket is somewhat slippery and can cause bunching issues with your bedspread or comforter
This electric blanket from Sunbeam has a plush feel for a warm night’s sleep. The blanket has separate controls on each side with 2 controls so you can adjust based on your preferences. It’s machine washable and can be dried in your dryer at home.
9. Shavel Home Products Thermee Electric Blanket
The Shavel Home Products Electric Blanket is available in the following sizes: twin, full, queen, and king/California king. It also comes in many different color options including the featured cocoa color which is a neutral that can fit in with nearly any home decor.
This blanket from Shavel has been ETL tested for safety and it comes with a 16 foot power cord. It’s made of a durable and soft micro-flannel fabric that’s resistant to pilling or shrinking. This blanket can be washed and dried in your machines at home.
- patent pending fabric is warm and comfortable
- blanket has 8 different heat settings
- automatic shutoff turns blanket off after 10 hours of use
- has a 5 year manufacturer’s warranty
- equipped with soft wire heating throughout for comfort
- made of durable 100% polyester
- controller is not as user-friendly as some other options
- the controller doesn’t stay lit so you can see the settings during the night
This electric blanket allows you to adjust between the 8 different heat settings and set the time for how long you want the blanket to stay on. It also automatically goes off after being on for 10 hours. The blanket has a soft and cozy texture and it’s easy to clean in your washing machine.
8. Sunbeam Electric Microplush Heated Blanket
The Sunbeam Electric Microplush Heated Blanket comes in a king size. This blanket is made of a soft and cozy fabric and comes in a neutral mushroom color. It has the added feature of pre-heating your sheets so you never have to get into a cold bed during those cold winter nights.
This electric blanket from Sunbeam has a user-friendly controller that allows you to easily adjust the blanket’s settings. It’s made of 100% polyester with a microplush texture. The king size version of this blanket has dual controllers so each side can be adjusted separately.
- senses and adjusts heat for even warmth
- controller has digital display
- 10 hour auto-off function turns blanket off automatically
- has 10 different heat settings
- pre-heat allows you to warm your sheets before bedtime
- push button controls are easy to use
- not as long lasting as some pricier blankets
- wires inside the blanket aren’t smooth to the touch
This electric blanket from Sunbeam has a plush texture and is made from 100% polyester. The blanket can be washed in your washing machine at home. The dual controllers allow you to adjust the different sides of the blanket to 2 different heat settings if desired.
7. SoftHeat by Perfect Fit | Ultra Soft Plush Electric Heated Warming Blanket
The SoftHeat by Perfect Fit Ultra Soft Electric Blanket comes in the following size options: throw, twin, full, queen, and king. This blanket is made of extremely soft materials to provide you with a cozy option for relaxing or sleeping during cold weather.
This electric blanket from SoftHeat is designed to last and made from durable materials. It can be washed and dried in your machines at home and is resistant to pilling, fading, and shrinking. This blanket has a safety shutoff that turns it off automatically after 10 hours.
- has a decorative triple-rib design
- comes in several color options
- larger blankets have 2 zones and dual controls
- easy to care for
- control is easy to use
- light up controller allows you to see the settings at night
- blanket has a layer inside that makes it non-breathable
- may still remain hot after being turned off and can cause overheating
This electric blanket is ideal for use in areas with extremely cold temperatures. It has a unique inner layer that makes it heat up quickly and stay warm for a significant amount of time, even when turned off. The user-friendly control allows you to easily adjust the heat level.
6. Sunbeam Quilted Fleece Electric Heated Blanket
The Sunbeam Quilted Fleece Electric Heated Blanket comes in twin, full, queen, and king sizes. This blanket is also available in several different color choices. It’s made of 100% polyester with a channel design that helps provide even warmth.
This blanket from Sunbeam is equipped with advanced technology that helps it automatically adjust the temperature for consistency and comfort. It comes with a user-friendly controller that provides you with a quick method of adjusting the settings.
- has a warm and cozy texture
- controller features 10 different heat settings
- 10 hour automatic off feature turns blanket off for safety
- available in different sizes and colors
- made of durable 100% polyester
- heating elements are not super reliable for long-term use
- wires can be felt through the blanket
This electric blanket from Sunbeam is an affordable option that comes in several sizes and colors. It has an easy to use control and the larger size blankets have dual controls for a different heat setting on each side. The blanket is made of a plush and cozy material for extra warmth.
5. Sunbeam Queen Size Electric Heated Blanket
The Sunbeam Queen Size Electric Heated Blanket comes in the following color options: red, charcoal, brown, beige, blue, green, and grey. This blanket has luxurious velvet plush texture to provide you with a cozy night’s sleep.
This blanket from Sunbeam has dual sided control options which is ideal for couples who want different warmth settings for sleeping comfortably. The controls are easy to use and can be used to warm up your bed before you get in it to prevent cold sheets.
- pre-heat makes for warm sheets when you get in bed
- has 20 personalized heat settings for comfort
- blanket is fully machine washable and dryer safe
- made of plush material
- blanket includes a 5 year warranty from the manufacturer
- auto-adjust feature keeps the temperature consistent throughout the night
- blanket has a rough stitched edge that you can feel in certain areas
- wires can also be felt through the blanket
This electric blanket from Sunbeam comes in many different color choices so you can easily find one to coordinate with your bedroom decor. The dual sided controls give you 20 different heat settings on each side for comfort. The controls are simple and user-friendly.
4. Sunbeam Microplush Heated Blanket
The Sunbeam Microplush Heated Blanket comes in full size. This blanket has a rich garnet color that will look beautiful on your bed. It has a plushness of 4 mm and is designed to be thinner than many other heated blankets so as not to add extra bulk to your bedding.
This budget-friendly electric blanket is one of the more affordable options available. The included controller has a digital display and is easy to use. The blanket is equipped with a pre-heat function to warm up your sheets before you get into bed.
- controller has simple push-button controls
- pre-heat feature means you never have to get into a cold bed
- 10 hour auto-off turns blanket off for safety after it’s been on for 10 hours
- has 10 heat settings
- senses and adjusts warmth for consistent temperature
- not as plush or thick as some other electric blankets
- bulky wires can be felt inside the blanket when you’re using it
This affordable option from Sunbeam is ideal for someone who doesn’t want to spend a lot on a heated blanket. It has a user-friendly control so you can easily adjust the heat settings. The blanket also has a pre-heat feature to warm up your bed before you get in it.
3. Biddeford Blankets Comfort Knit Heated Blanket
The Biddeford Blankets Comfort Knit Heated Blanket is made of soft and durable 100% polyester. This blanket comes in twin, full, queen, and king sizes. It’s also available in several different colors so you can find one that matches your other bedroom decor.
This heated blanket from Biddeford is easy to care for and can be washed in your machine at home. The twin and full sizes come with one controller while the queen and king size blankets are dual-sided with 2 controllers so you can set each side to different warmth levels if you want.
- has a soft and cozy texture
- comes with a 5 year warranty from the manufacturer
- control has a dial which makes it extremely user-friendly
- blanket has 10 different heat settings
- comes in a reusable bag so you can store it during warmer months
- machine washable
- not as plush as some other heated blankets
- heating elements inside the blanket aren’t super durable
This electric blanket may be a good option if you have a limited budget and are seeking a heated blanket that is easy to use. The control has 10 different settings for customized heating. It also has an automatic off feature to turn the blanket off for safety.
2.Sunbeam Microplush Heated Blanket
The Sunbeam Microplush Heated Blanket comes in a neutral mushroom color that can easily coordinate with your other bedding. This blanket in twin size has one controller that’s equipped with a digital display so you can easily see and change the settings.
This blanket is also available in other size including full, queen, and king. The king and queen options both have dual sided controls for customizing your heat settings on either side of the bed. The blanket is plush and made of 100% polyester for durability.
- push button controls are easy to use
- has a 10 hour auto off function for safety
- 10 heat settings provide plenty of options for different preferences
- digital display shows heat level
- pre-heat feature warms sheets before you get in bed
- senses the temperature and automatically adjusts for consistency
- thinner than some other heated blankets
- drying process is somewhat complicated and time consuming
This electric blanket from Sunbeam comes in a beautiful color and is available in most bed sizes. The blanket has a user-friendly control with a digital display. The pre-heat function means that you never have to get into a cold bed on chilly nights.
1. SoftHeat by Perfect Fit | Luxury Fleece Electric Heated Blanket
The SoftHeat by Perfect Fit Luxury Fleece Electric Heated Blanket comes in the following colors: beige, chocolate, grey, natural, and slate blue. This blanket is made from a luxuriously soft material which gives it a soft and cozy feel.
This blanket comes in twin, full, queen, and king sizes. The micro-fleece is super soft and the wires inside the blanket are thinner than other blankets so you don’t feel them through the fleece material. This design also helps promote even heat distribution.
- 5X thinner wires for extra comfort
- non-hazardous low-voltage technology for safety
- blanket control automatically shuts off after 10 hours of use
- extremely soft material
- one of the safest heated blankets available
- backlit display shows you the heat level in the dark
- pricier than many comparable options
- the wires leading to the plug can become detached after long-term usage
This heated blanket from SoftHeat has a plush design and thinner inner wires for extreme comfort. This blanket is available in several size and color options. It has been certified non-hazardous and also has an automatic safety shutoff after being on for 10 hours.
An electric blanket is ideal for anyone who lives in a cold climate or who often finds themselves cold when trying to sleep. These blankets come in several different sizes to fit your bed. There are also some throw-size options that can be used when you’re relaxing in your favorite chair. Many electric blankets have an automatic shutoff feature that turns the blanket off after it’s been on for a significant amount of time. The controls are easy to use and allow you to adjust the settings of the blanket as needed. You can read online reviews from consumers to ensure that you purchase a durable blanket that will last through years of usage in the cold weather.