There are so many different kitchen gadgets that you can choose to make your kitchen more functional. One item that many people find to be very useful in the kitchen is a quality vacuum sealer.
A vacuum sealer keeps food fresh so you don’t have to worry about wasting money by throwing away spoiled food. Vacuum sealers are easy to use and they can work for many different types of food. A vacuum sealer is ideal for those who buy food in bulk and need to save portions of it for future use.
There are several options when it comes to choosing a vacuum sealer. Some are quite basic and will be more budget friendly than those with advanced features.
All vacuum sealers work basically the same way but some have slightly different methods of sealing that will make some options more functional than others. Vacuum sealers can be used to save meat, vegetables, grains, and other foods. The following is a list of the 10 best vacuum sealers based on reviews by consumer guide.
10. KOIOS VS2233 Vacuum Sealer
The KOIOS VS2233 Vacuum Sealer is designed to be easy to operate. It includes a cutting feature which helps to reduce bag waste. This unit has a stylish stainless steel finish that will look great sitting out on your counter if you use it frequently.
This vacuum sealer from KOIOS has an easy latch system that’s secure to keep your food sealed and fresh for up to 5 times longer. This system is ideal for food storage but can also be used to seal different types of meats for sous vide cooking.
- equipped with built-in cutter for convenience
- includes a user manual with ideas for usage
- includes an accessory port feature that allows you to seal wine and other types of bottles
- sealer is easy to use and has a simple control panel
- can be used to seal and store many different types of foods
- comes with a starter set of sealing bags
- bags need to be arranged in an exact way to get a good vacuum seal
- sealing foods with lots of liquid can prove difficult
This vacuum sealer from KOIOS is ideal for use to keep foods fresh for freezer or pantry storage. It can be used for dry foods or for meats, vegetables, and other food items. The sealer is easy to use and comes with a manual and set of 10 bags to help you get started.
9. FoodSaver Vacuum Sealer 2-in-1 System Plus Starter Kit
The FoodSaver Vacuum Sealer 2-in-1 System includes a starter set of supplies to help you begin with vacuum sealing food in your kitchen. This sealer can keep food fresh for up to 5 times longer in the freezer and helps to prevent freezer burn so you don’t have to throw things away.
This food sealer can also be used to seal items to keep in your refrigerator and keeps them fresh for up to twice as long. Pantry items like cereals, rice, and grains can be kept fresh twice as long in your pantry. The FoodSaver is easy to use and saves time over many other similar food sealing systems.
- equipped with Express Bag Maker to save time when sealing your foods
- FoodSaver bags can be used for sous vide cooking and can withstand boiling temperatures
- open roll storage design lets you know when bags need to be replaced
- viewing window lets you see the food as you seal it
- machine is user friendly
- includes a heat-seal roll and several sizes of storage bags
- machine is pricier than many other comparable options
- it doesn’t have an automatic bag feeding mechanism
This vacuum sealer from FoodSaver includes a roll of heat-seal storage material as well as several storage bags to be used with the machine. It has a smaller footprint than some other vacuum sealers so it requires less space for storage or use.
8. NESCO VS-02, Food Vacuum Sealing System
The NESCO VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealing System helps to eliminate freezer burn, reduce spoilage, and help you prevent food waste in your home. This system is easy to use and is one of the more budget-friendly food sealing systems available.
This vacuum sealer from NESCO has a user-friendly one touch operation that makes the vacuum sealing process quick and easy. The machine includes the following: 2 rolls of 8.66″ by 9.8, 5 flat 8.66″ by 11.8″ and 5 flat 11″ by 11.8.”
- equipped with roll storage compartment
- sealer has a bag cutter that makes cutting the bags quick and easy
- unit has a seal time selection switch to work better for wet foods
- easy to use with a one touch operation
- can accommodate sealing material up to 11.8″ wide
- works well even for foods with lots of moisture
- doesn’t include accessories like many other systems
- machine can be quite noisy
This food sealing system from NESCO is affordable and convenient to use. The system includes several sizes of bags that can be used to seal meat, grains, and other foods. It has a cutting tool that makes cutting the bags easy once you’re done sealing them.
7. MOOKA Vacuum Sealer 2 IN 1 Vacuum Sealing System
The MOOKA Vacuum Sealer 2 in 1 system is very powerful and able to complete around 40 consecutive seals. This machine has a builtin rolling bag cutter that makes it easy to customize the size of your bags based on what you’re sealing.
This user-friendly vacuum sealing machine is also affordable. It’s equipped with an external pumping function that allows it to pump a variety of vacuum-style cans and bags to give you plenty of options when sealing different types of foods.
- equipped with different modes for dry food and moist food
- has a 100W energy saving motor
- non-mechanical brushes and low interference mean an average lifespan of around 10 years
- simple design with controls that are easy to use
- working width of 30 cm means you can seal one or more packages of food at once
- builtin bag cutter makes it easy to cut bags to your desired size
- doesn’t include accessories for sealing jars and other containers
- machine takes up a relatively large space on your counter top
This vacuum sealer from MOOKA is versatile and can be used to seal many different types of foods. It has a mode for wet food and a mode for dry food so you can seal foods efficiently according to their moisture content. It has a user-friendly control panel and builtin cutter to trim bags after sealing.
6. FoodSaver Vacuum Sealer 4800 Series 2-in-1 System
The FoodSaver Vacuum Sealer 4800 Series 2-in-1 System includes advanced technology that makes it one of the most popular food sealers on the market. This system helps you save money through bulk shopping so you never have to worry about throwing spoiled food away because of improper storage.
This food sealing system from FoodSaver uses powerful vacuum technology to keep your foods fresh for around 5 times longer than other methods of food storage. It has automatic bag detection to do all the work for you during the sealing process.
- unit is easy to clean with a pull-out drip tray
- starter kit includes several bag sizes along with a vacuum seal roll for sealing different types of foods
- the builtin hand sealer allows you to seal fresh containers, zipper bags, and other storage containers
- provides quick and airtight sealing
- handheld sealer eliminates the need for accessories
- indicator light tells you when drip tray needs to be emptied
- higher price than many other vacuum sealers
- directions for use can be complicated for those not familiar with vacuum sealing
This vacuum sealer from FoodSaver has many advanced features that make it stand out from other similar machines. It has a builtin handheld attachment that allows you to seal jars and other containers for marinades or leftovers.
5. GERYON Vacuum Sealer
The GERYON Vacuum Sealer can fit a roll of sealing material up to 12″ wide and can be used with GERYON or other brands of vacuum sealing bags. This sealer is compact and lightweight making it ideal for kitchens with limited kitchen and counter space.
This small vacuum sealer from GERYON helps eliminate freezer burn and reduces food waste. It can be used to seal bulk food purchases to keep the fresh until you’re ready to use them. It also works well to seal up leftovers so they keep until you want to eat them.
- has a seal indicator light that lets you know when package is sealed
- stop function adds further control to the vacuum power
- includes a lifetime warranty and support from the manufacturer
- includes 5 heat seal bags and a roll of heat seal material
- has simple controls for ease of use
- can be used hands-free for convenience
- it may need a significant amount of time to cool down between sealing
- doesn’t work as well for sealing other types of containers as some pricier vacuum sealers
This vacuum sealing system from GERYON is affordable and functional. It has a compact design so it doesn’t take up a lot of space in your kitchen. It can be used to seal many different foods to prevent spoilage and freezer burn so you don’t have to throw foods away.
4. GERYON Vacuum Sealer Machine
The GERYON Vacuum Sealer Machine is designed to remove all the air from specially designed bags to keep foods from spoiling. This sealer has a sleek design so it doesn’t require a lot of space for storage or on your counter during use.
This vacuum sealer from GERYON includes a full starter kit with the following items: 1 wine stopper, 1 air suction hose, 5 heat seal bags, and 1 roll of heat seat material. It also comes with a user manual to help you learn to use your new machine.
- includes a lifetime warranty and technical support from the manufacturer
- the upper lid can be removed easily for cleaning
- compact size and lightweight design work well in small spaces
- can fit bags and rolls up to 12″ in width
- has fully automatic vacuum sealing technology
- LED indicator lights lets you know when food is sealed
- the moist vacuum setting doesn’t use as much power as the dry setting
- you may need to hold the lid down to get a complete vacuum seal on foods with a lot of moisture
This vacuum sealer from GERYON has a small and sleek design with a modern look that will function well in your kitchen. It can be used to seal dry or wet foods. When sealing foods with lots of moisture it can be helpful to freeze them first before sealing them.
3. FoodSaver FM2000 Vacuum Sealer System
The FoodSaver FM2000 Vacuum Sealer System is one of the more affordable options from the FoodSaver brand. This system includes some bags and a roll of material to get you started with vacuum sealing your favorite foods.
This vacuum sealer from FoodSaver has a simple design that makes it easy to use. Once the food is placed into the bag or roll of sealing material, you simply insert the open end into the machine. It does all the work for you and seals your food to prevent spoilage and freezer burn.
- includes accessory hose to allow you to seal jars and other containers
- has a removable drip tray for easy cleaning
- machine has a 5 year warranty from the manufacturer
- user-friendly design makes it easy to use, even for beginners
- includes a starter set of bags and sealing material
- included drip tray is dishwasher safe
- not equipped with a builtin cutter
- doesn’t have space for storing the roll of sealing material on the machine
The space saving design of this FoodSaver vacuum sealer means it takes up less space in your kitchen. It can be used for many different tasks and can even be used to seal important documents or other items for travel. The machine is easy to use and also easy to clean.
2. FoodSaver Vacuum Sealer V2244 System
The FoodSaver Vacuum Sealer V2244 System can be used to keep foods fresh in the freezer, fridge, or pantry. This budget-friendly system from the FoodSaver brand is ideal for those seeking a basic and functional vacuum sealer for their kitchen.
This vacuum sealing system from FoodSaver includes a starter kit of food storage bags, an 11″ by 10″ heat seal roll, and an accessory hose that will allow you to seal foods in other compatible containers. The system is simple and easy to use.
- can seal food for use in sous vide cooking
- Instant Seal feature allows you to seal delicate foods
- accessory hose can be used to marinate foods or seal foods in containers
- system has a simple design that makes it extremely user-friendly
- includes FoodSaver bags which are BPA-free
- Instant Seal allows you to manually stop the vacuum process
- machine is larger and bulkier than some other vacuum sealers
- doesn’t have a roll cutter built into the machine
This vacuum sealer from FoodSaver has an easy to use design that can help you preserve many different foods to prevent spoilage. The system includes some starter bags and a roll of food sealing material. You can cut the roll yourself with scissors which helps prevent waste.
1. NutriChef Vacuum Sealer
The NutriChef Vacuum Sealer makes cooking and meal prep quicker and easier by allowing you to keep all your favorite foods fresh and available. This system has a fully automatic sealing function that seals your foods efficiently to keep them from spoiling.
This vacuum sealer from NutriChef has two different modes. One mode works well for dry foods while the other is designed to seal foods that contain a lot of moisture. The machine has powerful suction and LED lights that indicate when the food is sealed.
- buttons are easy to use
- includes a wine stopper cork so you can preserve open bottles of wine
- machine also comes with a starter set of vacuum bags and a vacuum roll
- bags and roll are waterproof and reusable
- machine has been lab tested for effectiveness in keeping food fresh for longer
- soft digital touch buttons and LED lights make the system simple and easy for beginners
- doesn’t include a long-term warranty like some other brands of vacuum sealers
- -sealer needs to rest for 40 seconds between uses
This vacuum sealer from NutriChef has a sleek and modern look with touch buttons. The machine is easy to use and includes a starter set of sealing bags and material. It can be used to preserve many different types of food for the freezer, refrigerator, or pantry.
A vacuum sealer not only protects your food from spoiling, they can also be used for certain cooking techniques. Vacuum sealing different types of meats allows you to cook them in the sous vide style. A good vacuum sealer will keep food fresh for a significantly longer time than standard food bags.
Many sealers come with bags that can be used for various foods. When choosing the right sealer you may also want to consider the cost of buying new bags as this can add up significantly if you use your vacuum sealer frequently.
When shopping for the best vacuum sealer it’s helpful to read online consumer reviews to help you find the best option for the money you want to spend.