A hair straightener can be a versatile piece of beauty equipment no matter the texture of your hair. They can be used to straighten and smooth your hair if you have frizz or curls to deal with.
Straighteners can also be used to curl your hair for a loose wavy look. There are many different hair straighteners available for purchase. Some are budget-friendly with basic features that will work well for most situations.
There are also some pricier options that have advanced features that can be beneficial if you have extremely curly hair and need extra straightening power.
When shopping for a hair straightener you should consider the different features available. Some can actually be used on wet or damp hair to dry and style at the same time. Others should only be used on completely dry hair to prevent damage.
Some straighteners have different temperature settings so that you can choose the minimum amount of heat needed for your particular hair texture.
Not using excessive heat is another way to prevent damage to your hair from frequent straightening. The following is a list of the 10 best hair straighteners based on reviews.
The BaBylissPro Nano Titanium Digital Straightener has a width of 1″ and is made of durable materials. This straightener has titanium plates that heat up quickly and efficiently. It’s designed to straighten and smooth your hair with juts one pass so you save time and effort.
This digital hair straightener has precise temperature adjustments so you can set the temperature exactly how high you need it for your hair type. The plates heat up evenly to prevent hot spots so you don’t have to worry about excessive heat damaging your hair.
- durable titanium plates
- memory function saves preferred heat settings
- leaves hair smooth and shiny
- has all-directional floating plates for 100% contact with hair
- smooth surface means no pulling or snagging
- can be adjusted up to 450 degrees F
- smaller width means more time spent on thick hair
- higher price tag than many similar style straighteners
This 1″ wide straightening iron can work for many different hair styles and textures. It has an exact temperature control that goes up to 450 degrees F and a digital display to show you the exact temperature. The titanium plates are designed to heat up quickly and evenly.
The Mondava Professional Ceramic Tourmaline Flat Iron Hair Straightener is 1 1/4″ wide. It has an ergonomic design that prevents pain or fatigue while you’re styling your hair. This straightener uses ionic technology to heat up quickly and efficiently.
This straightener from Mondava is easy to use and designed to heat to your desired temperature quickly so you can style your hair in a timely manner. The straightener is lightweight and would be ideal for travel. It even comes with a travel pouch for convenience.
- comes with heat resistant glove to protect your hands
- designed by professionals
- has smooth plates to prevent snagging
- uses highest rated ionic technology
- can create curls, waves, and straight styles
- precise temperature control
- may get too hot for some hair types
- can lose heat as you use it
This straightener from Mondava uses the latest in technology to help you create straight, curly, and wavy styles. It comes with a travel pouch and a heat resistant glove for convenience. This straightener is lightweight and has durable plates that heat evenly.
The InfinitiPro by Conair is an affordable hair straightener that works well at giving you smooth and shiny hair with little effort. This device has 30 different heat settings so you can choose the best temperature for your hair type and texture.
This hair straightener has an automatic turnoff feature for safety in case you forget to turn it off when you’re done using it. It’s equipped with 1″ wide floating plates that are designed to evenly distribute heat to quickly style your hair and save time.
- has a maximum temperature of 455 degrees F
- uses true ceramic heating technology
- can heat to the desired temperature in 15 seconds
- reduces frizz and flyaways
- extra long plates and quick heat up features make for quicker styling
- has 30 easy to use heat settings
- smaller width means more time when styling thick hair
- doesn’t have a digital temperature readout
This affordable straightening iron from Conair is easy to use and has 30 different heat adjustments up to 455 degrees F. This unit is 1″ wide and has longer plates compared to many other heated stylers. It can be used on most hair types to reduce frizz and create a sleek and shiny look.
The Kipozi Pro Nano Titanium Flat Iron Hair Straightener has a wider plate, at 1.75″, to give you more space when styling your hair. This can save time when you’re rushed in the morning. This straightener is dual voltage for convenience when traveling.
This hair straightening iron from Kipozi has a digital display that gives you a readout of the exact temperature. This is ideal for choosing different heat settings for different styles and different types of hair. Being able to choose a precise temperature can prevent heat damage to your hair.
- has a maximum temperature of 450 degrees F
- equipped with instant heat up feature
- durable titanium plates for even heating
- heats up quickly and evenly
- temperature is easy to adjust
- comes with a convenient travel pouch
- wider plates can be difficult to use for certain hair styles
- caution should be used with higher heat settings to prevent damage
This straightener from Kipozi has a wide temperature range so that it works well for different textures of hair. It’s dual voltage and comes with a travel case which makes it ideal for those who travel to different countries and need to take their straightener with them.
This flat iron from Furiden has a professional design that works well to straighten and style all types and textures of hair. The ceramic plates heat up quickly and evenly to save time when you’re styling your hair into waves, curls, or smooth and sleek styles.
This straightener has a heat range from 250 degrees to 450 degrees F. It comes in a stylish gold color and has 1″ wide plates. The temperature is easily adjustable using a dial on the end of the iron so that you can change the heat as needed.
- easy temperature adjustment
- has smooth plates to prevent snagging
- provides professional quality results on all types of hair
- uses advanced heating technology to smooth and straighten hair
- can also be used to make curls and waves for different style options
- has a wide range of heat to work for different hair textures
- 1″ plates are not as wide as some others which can mean extra time spent on styling
- cord doesn’t swivel as easily as other straighteners
This straightening iron from Furiden is designed for use on all hair types. It has various heat settings that can easily be changed with a dial found on the end of the wand. It’s also dual voltage so you can travel with it as needed without worrying about voltage issues in other countries.
The CHI Original Flat Hair Straightening Ceramic Hairstyling Iron is a versatile tool with 1″ plates. This hair straightener uses advanced infrared heating which works well to style your hair while preventing damage, frizz, and static.
This hair straightener from CHI has ceramic plates which are designed to heat up quickly and evenly to distribute the heat to your hair without having hot spots which can cause damage. The iron is made of durable materials to last through many uses.
- can straighten, curl, flip, and create waves with one tool
- has an ergonomic design for comfort
- has a maximum heat level of 392 degrees F
- similar to professional straighteners used in salons
- infrared technology styles hair from the inside out for lasting results
- dual voltage for travel
- only has one heat setting
- not ideal for thing or bleached hair due to high heat setting of 392 degrees
This hair straightener from CHI can work for many hair styles and textures. It has a heat level of 392 degrees F which can work for many hair styles. The swivel cord makes it easy to create waves, curls, flips, and straight styles on different hair textures.
The Kipozi Pro Flat Iron is designed to heat up quickly so you can style your hair with little prep time. This straightener is dual voltage so that it can be used when you travel to other countries with different voltage requirements.
This hair straightener from Kipozi is available in 3 color options. It has a sleek design that prevents snagging your hair so you can achieve the smooth hair styles you’re looking for. This straightener has an adjustable temperature so you can choose the best heat for your hair style and texture.
- heats up quickly
- can be used for all types of hair
- makes hair look silky and shiny
- has many different temperature adjustments
- 3D floating plates don’t pull your hair
- equipped with an LCD display to show the temperature
- the outside of the iron can get very hot and be uncomfortable during use
- cord doesn’t swivel as well as others and can cause styling to take more time
This straightener from Kipozi can heat up to many temperatures to work for various hair styles and textures. The temperature setting is easy to adjust and it heats up quickly to save time. This unit is dual voltage so you can easily travel with it to other countries.
The Remington Flat Iron with Anti-Static Technology and Digital Controls has 1″ plates to give you versatility when styling your hair. This hair tool is also equipped with anti-static technology to keep your hair sleek and smooth all day.
This flat iron from Remington has digital controls so you can easily change the temperature to the desired level depending on your hair thickness and texture. The controls are easy to use and they adjust the temperature by simply holding in the button.
- maximum temperature of 410 degrees F
- makes 50% less static and flyaways than similar irons
- titanium coated plates create quick and even heating
- small and lightweight
- automatic shutoff after 60 minutes
- doesn’t reach temperatures as high as other devices
- smaller plates may not be ideal for thick or curly hair
This affordable straightening iron is ideal for travel or for those who need a basic straightener. It has a maximum temperature of 410 degrees which can work for many types of hair. This iron has 1″ plates that are coated with titanium to heat up quickly and hold heat to an even temperature.
The Kipozi Professional Titanium Flat Iron Straightener has 1.75″ blades to better style thick and curly hair. This straightener has a digital LCD display that shows you the exact temperature so you can adjust accordingly based on your hair type.
This straightener from Kipozi is high quality and designed to give professional results. The dual voltage feature means that you can easily travel abroad with the straightener without being concerned about voltage issues.
- instant heat up to save time
- has a temperature range from 170 to 450 degrees F
- easy to use temperature setting buttons
- LCD display shows exact temperature
- swivel cord makes styling quick and easy
- includes a travel storage bag
- handle may feel hot to the touch while styling your hair
- wider plates can make it harder to do flips, curls, and waves
This straightener from Kipozi is ideal for even the thickest and curliest hair. It has wide plates that are designed to straighten quickly to save time on styling your hair. This unit has a simple temperature control with digital readout so you’re always aware of the temperature.
The HSI Professional Glider Ceramic Tourmaline Ionic Flat Iron can straighten, flip, and curl your hair to help you style it in many different ways. This flat iron has 1″ plates that can work for most hair lengths and types and can also be used for bangs.
This straightener from HSI Professional has a temperature that’s easy to adjust to accommodate different hair types and thicknesses. The straightener has high quality ceramic plates that heat up quickly and hold an even temperature for quick and easy styling.
- plates have micro-sensors to detect temperature and prevent hair damage
- heat is evenly distributed so styling takes less time
- tourmaline crystal iron plates create a silky and smooth finish
- made of quality materials with durable plates
- designed to heat up quickly
- includes heat resistant glove and travel pouch
- not equipped with digital screen to show the exact temperature
- thin plates can take longer to style extremely thick or curly hair
This straightener from HSI Professional is ideal for styling nearly any type of hair. It can straighten, curl, and create stylish flips for fun hair style options. This unit heats up quickly and is dual voltage so you can travel to other countries with it.
When you’re shopping for a hair straightener it’s important to consider your hair type and the style you want for your hair. Some heat tools are designed to straighten and smooth your hair to prevent frizz while others may just be useful for basic straightening on hair that’s already fairly straight or simply wavy. Different temperature settings work better for different hair styles. Some straighteners are also great to create loose waves in your hair making them ideal for those who like to experiment with different hair styles. It can be helpful to read online consumer reviews when you’re choosing a hair straightener to ensure you get the best option for the money you want to spend.