Oral hygiene can be a very important part of your overall health. Taking care of your teeth can ensure that you have healthy mouth for years to come.
Plus, preventing cavities and other common issues related to poor oral health can save you time and money when it comes to dentist visits and dental procedures.
One way to keep your teeth healthy is to use an electric toothbrush. They work effectively to clean your teeth and can be much more efficient than a standard toothbrush.
There are several brands and options when it comes to electric toothbrushes. When you’re trying to choose the best one to meet your needs you should consider the type of dental care that matters most to you.
Some electric toothbrushes may be ideal for those who have sensitive teeth and need oral care that caters to those needs. Other electric toothbrushes are designed for standard brushing and teeth cleaning. The following is a list of the 10 best electric toothbrushes based on reviews by consumer report.
10. Waterpik Complete Care Water Flosser and Sonic Toothbrush
The Waterpik Complete Care Water Flosser And Sonic Toothbrush is a complete oral care system to help you keep your teeth and gums healthy. This system is designed to remove plaque and debris from the between the teeth and below the gumline.
This oral care system from Waterpik is one of the most effective brushing and flossing systems available. It includes a high volume water tank so you don’t have to refill it frequently. Both the flosser and toothbrush fit onto a space saving unit.
- reservoir has 90 seconds of water capacity
- unit only requires one outlet for use
- toothbrush offers 25% faster bristle speed than many other electric toothbrushes
- entire unit doesn’t require a lot of space on your bathroom counter
- turning the water on and off is easy with the push button control
- toothbrush has two speeds and a timer
- flossing unit is loud when being used
- toothbrush can’t be stored on the charging unit for extended periods of time due to battery issues
This combination electric toothbrush and water flosser from Waterpik is ideal for those seeking an all-in-one oral care system. Both included pieces are designed to give you the feeling of having a professional cleaning in the comfort and convenience of your home.
9. Sonic Electric Toothbrush Rechargeable for Adults
The Sonic Electric Toothbrush is created for use by adults. This brush is designed to provide sonic vibrations at up to 40,000 strokes per minute, giving it the ability to clean your teeth thoroughly with little effort and remove significantly more plaque than standard toothbrushes.
This toothbrush from Fairywill can improve the health of your gums in as little as 2 weeks of regular usage. The brush includes 3 different modes: clean, sensitive, and massage so you can choose the option that best meets your needs.
- brush comes with 3 different heads
- long battery life means you don’t have to charge frequently
- portable design makes this toothbrush ideal for travel
- easy to use and gentle on gums
- the included smaller brush head is ideal for cleaning braces and other hard to reach areas
- smart timer reminds you to change the direction of brushing every 30 seconds
- brush head replacements can be pricey
- doesn’t include the USB power adapter
This electric toothbrush from Fairywill has 3 settings so you can customize your oral care routine. The sensitive setting works well for those who have sensitive gums or teeth. This toothbrush charges with a USB cable for convenience at home and when traveling.
8. AquaSonic Black Series Ultra Whitening Toothbrush
The AquaSonic Black Series Ultra Whitening Toothbrush has a stylish black design that will look great on top of your kitchen sink. This toothbrush has a powerful motor that can create 40,000 vibrations per minute to effectively clean your teeth and gums.
This toothbrush from Aquasonic can remove around 10 times more plaque along the gum line compared to standard toothbrushes. It includes a whitening mode that’s designed to promote teeth whitening through the use of inverted frequencies that can dissolve stains.
- includes 8 brush heads
- comes with a travel case that can hold two brush heads for convenient travel
- uses ultra fast wireless charging
- waterproof design protects the entire unit from water damage
- can last an entire week on one complete charge
- included brush heads means you won’t have to purchase replacements for around 2.5 years
- it doesn’t include a brush head cover like some other brands
- travel case doesn’t have room for the charger
This toothbrush from Pure Daily Care includes 8 brush heads which can last one user up to 2.5 years. This unit comes with a wireless charger for easy charging. The brush has several modes for use including a massage mode and a soft mode for those with sensitive teeth or gums.
7. Oral-B Pro 5000 SmartSeries Power Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
The Oral-B Pro 5000 SmartSeries Power Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush has the option for Bluetooth connectivity. This advanced technology can connect with your smart phone to give you feedback on your brushing habits and how you can improve them.
This toothbrush from Oral-B includes a floss action round brush head that has micropulse bristles for excellent cleaning power. The 3D cleaning action oscillates, rotates, and pulsates to remove plaque at a much better rate than a manual brush.
- Bluetooth connection gives you real time feedback so you can improve your oral health
- unit has a pressure sensor that lets you know if you brush too hard
- includes 5 modes for daily cleaning, gum care, sensitivities, whitening, and deep clean
- versatile brush can work for even those with sensitive teeth and gums
- works well for those who help improving their brushing skills
- long lasting battery means you don’t have to recharge frequently
- unit has higher price tag than many other electric toothbrushes
- design of the stand requires frequent cleaning from water that drips from the brush heads
This electric toothbrush from Oral-B is powered by Braun so you can feel confident you’re buying a high quality toothbrush. The Bluetooth connectivity option works well for anyone who likes to closely monitor their hygiene habits through technology.
6. Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 5100 Rechargeable electric toothbrush
The Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 5100 Rechargeable electric toothbrush has the following 3 cleaning modes: clean, white, and gum care. This toothbrush includes a battery indicator light that lets you know when to recharge the unit.
This electric toothbrush from Philips Sonicare can last around 2 weeks on one full battery charge. It has a speed of up to 62000 brush movements per minute. This system works well to clean your teeth and remove plaque more efficiently than manual brushes.
- smart time helps you remember to brush for the recommended 2 minutes
- quad pacer feature reminds you to brush in all 4 areas of the mouth for a better clean
- includes a brush replacement reminder so you never forget to replace the brush head
- unit allows you to customize your brushing experience with the 3 different modes
- ideal for those seeking a brush to help them achieve better oral health through proper brushing
- the pressure sensor helps protect gums from excessive brushing pressure
- doesn’t have the option for different brushing intensities
- vibrations may be too strong for those with sensitive gums or teeth
This electric toothbrush from Philips Sonicare has 3 modes for different types of cleaning. This unit also has reminders to help you remember to brush for the recommended time and help you clean each quadrant of the mouth effectively.
5. Electric Toothbrush
This electric toothbrush from Fairywill has a budget-friendly price for a functional brush to help you keep your teeth and gums in great health. This toothbrush is designed to provide 40,000 micro-brush strokes per minute for a clean that feels like you just came from the dentist.
This toothbrush can improve the condition of your teeth and gums in as little as 14 days of regular use. It can complete a charge in 4 hours and will run for around 30 days on one complete charge. The smart timer encourages you to brush for the recommended 2 minutes.
- comes with a 1 year warranty from the manufacturer
- brush has a waterproof design
- the 5 modes provide you with different cleaning options
- removes more plaque than a manual brush
- includes a mode for sensitive teeth and a massage mode
- charges with a convenient USB cable
- doesn’t include the wall plug for charging
- charging port is located on the bottom of the brush which can be inconvenient
This electric toothbrush from Fairywill is affordable and functional. It has 5 different brushing modes to help you keep your teeth and gums clean and healthy. This brush comes with replacement brush heads and includes a USB charging cable.
4. Oral-B 7000 SmartSeries Rechargeable Power Electric Toothbrush
The Oral-B 7000 SmartSeries Rechargeable Power Electric Toothbrush has the option for Bluetooth connectivity. This advanced feature allows you to closely monitor your brushing habits so you can see where improvements are needed.
This toothbrush from Oral-B includes 3 brush heads that are specifically designed for the following brushing actions:Cross Action, Pro White, and sensitive. The toothbrush also includes a charging station that can store the different brush heads when not in use.
- brush has 6 different modes
- 3D cleaning power oscillates, rotates, and pulsates for maximum clean
- bristles are perfectly angled for cleaning and removing plaque
- different brushing modes work for even those with sensitive teeth and gums
- unit can remove up to 100% plaque than a manual toothbrush
- charging station keeps everything in one place
- toothbrush is much pricier than many other options
- may take longer to fully charge than other brushes
This toothbrush from Oral-B has advanced technology with a Bluetooth that can give you real time information on your brushing habits. This brush includes 3 different types of brush heads and has 6 different cleaning modes to work for everyone’s oral hygiene needs.
3. Oral-B Black Pro 1000 Power Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
The Oral-B Black Pro 1000 Power Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush powered by Braun is clinically proven to provide a superior clean compared to a manual toothbrush. It can remove as much as 300% more plaque along the gumline than with standard brushing.
This toothbrush from Oral-B uses oscillating technology to clean the teeth effectively. This brush has a sensor that stops it if you put too much pressure on your gums. It also features a timer in the handle that lets you know when you’ve brushed the recommended 2 minutes.
- unit has one basic mode that can meet most oral hygiene needs
- includes one brush head and charger
- brush is compatible with many other types of brush head
- simple design makes it ideal for those seeking a basic electric toothbrush
- one cleaning mode eliminates the need to choose which mode is best
- can help whiten teeth by removing stains
- only has one mode which may not work for those with sensitive teeth and gums
- takes longer to recharge than other brushes
This electric toothbrush from Oral-B has a powerful motor that can remove plaque much more efficiently than a manual purchase. This brush has only one mode and includes 1 type of brush head which makes it work well for those seeking a simple but effective electric toothbrush.
2. Philips Sonicare Essence Sonic Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush
The Philips Sonicare Essence Sonic Electric toothbrush has a charging handle that can be left on the charging unit all the time to prevent a dead battery. This toothbrush has a simple design that makes it easy to use, even for those not familiar with electric toothbrushes.
This toothbrush from Philips Sonicare can remove up to 2 times as much plaque as a traditional manual brush. It uses patented sonic technology to help clean between the teeth and along the gumline to improve the overall health of your mouth overtime.
- fluid action cleans between teeth and at the gumline
- unit can run for around 2 weeks on a full charge
- the included reminder bristles fade when it’s time to change the brush head
- the battery doesn’t get damaged from being left on the charger constantly
- timer reminds you to brush thoroughly for 2 minutes
- charging stand is small and doesn’t require much space on your sink
- brush only has one cleaning mode
- not equipped with advanced technology like some other toothbrushes
This toothbrush from Philips Sonicare has a simple design that works effectively at removing plaque and cleaning your teeth. The toothbrush includes a timer to help you remember to brush for the dentist recommended time of 2 minutes.
1. Oral-B White Pro 1000 Power Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
The Oral-B White Pro 1000 Power electric toothbrush has clinically proven technology that’s designed to oscillate, pulse, and rotate to remove plaque on teeth and around the gumline. This toothbrush includes 1 standard mode that works well for most people.
This toothbrush from Oral-B and powered by Braun includes 1 Cross Action brush head that has a versatile design that works hard to improve oral health. The brush can remove up to 3 times the amount of plaque compared to a manual toothbrush.
- 3D cleaning action to thoroughly clean teeth
- pressure sensor prevents gum damage from brushing too hard
- timer on brush helps you remember to brush for 2 minutes
- brush is compatible with several different types of brush head
- uses 3 different motions for effective cleaning
- can help whiten teeth by removing stains
- doesn’t include a sensitive brushing mode
- battery doesn’t last as long on one charge as some other brushes
This electric toothbrush from Oral-B has a simple design with one brushing mode. This brush can last up to 10 days on one full charge. It includes the charging based and one brush head but is compatible with several other styles of brush heads.
Electric toothbrushes are easy to use and can be better for cleaning your teeth than manual brushes. They come in several styles and brands so you can choose one that best meets your needs. Electric toothbrushes are designed to clean all the surfaces of your teeth to help you prevent cavities and other common problems.
When choosing an electric toothbrush you may want to consider the charging mechanism that comes with the brush. It’s also important to consider how much the replacement brush heads cost for the brush.
These can be quite pricey so if you’re on a budget it can be helpful to choose an electric toothbrush that has affordable replacement heads. By reading online consumer reviews you can get objective information on the available options to help you choose the best one for the price.